The folks at Uplers have produced this interactive infographic, A Deep Dive Into the Use of Visuals in Landing Pages, which covers how landing pages along with the critical visual elements that impact conversion rates.
Reasons to Utilize Landing Pages
- Targeting Keywords for Organic Search – By creating a landing page optimized for search engines, you can appeal to the algorithms and get the right traffic to your landing page. By not optimizing, you could be missing out on search traffic.
- Capturing Leads and Conversions – Landing pages are a great way to not just capture leads, but with an effective approach, they can increase sales and ROI.
- Product Launch or Promotion – Informing your audience and directing them towards a product or an offer is a smooth sail with landing pages.
- Advertising Campaigns – A landing page is a must if you are running an Ad campaign but it should fit in perfectly, just like the breathing mask for a diver.
- Tracking Customer Journeys – Landing pages can help to track the performance of your marketing effort. Monitoring the analytics will tell you a whole lot about the unknown.
One way to think about a landing page is that it’s a destination page that you want prospects or visitors to enter but not pass through. As a destination, creative designers and marketers are best applying the majority of their time on understanding the visitor and how to best influence their behavior once they enter a landing page.
Key Visual Elements in Landing Pages
- Photos – 80% of viewers have proved to be more attentive to the content of the copy if it was supported by images. If you are using a portrait or real image of a face, you can manipulate the visual cues by changing the look room of the model.
- GIFs – 80% of people seem to remember seeing a video, whereas only 20% remember something they read on a page. A short, concise animation is perfect in between. From using animated arrows and directional cues towards a CTA to showcasing a product in a 360-degree range, GIFs are your landing page lifeguards.
- Videos – Using videos in landing pages have proved to increase conversion by 86%. But this can be achieved only by using the relevant video which reflects the brand and conveys the required message.
- Illustrations – 95% of B2B buyers said that they wanted shorter and highly visual content. Illustrations have the means of breaking down a complex issue into easily digestible visuals that better explain the process or the issue.
- Graphs – Landing pages can be a great place to explain complicated statistics or data through simpler graphical representation.
In addition to these, the combination of typography and colors plays a huge role. Fonts, headings, subheadings, bold text, emphatic text can all help your visitor scan and focus on the messaging you want to draw their attention to. Colors can impact the perception and tone of the content that you’re wishing to convey.
And, of course, a simple methodology for capturing data reduces the frustration of the user who wishes to engage with you. Multi-page, multi-field forms with complex validation sequences can significantly reduce the conversion rates of your landing page. By presenting a simple, minimal form – or even having a single sign-on mechanism that automatically pushes the necessary data… you can increase engagement and conversion rates.